COVID19 Update: Peace of Mind – Safety & Flexibility
We are ready and waiting to welcome our guests back to Belize, when it is safe and viable to do so.
Belize has postponed the reopening of the airport on August 15th due to an increase in local COVID-19 cases . In the meantime, our team at BSV is actively preparing for the eventual reopening of the airport by implementing enhanced sanitary protocols and training our crew to continue delivering the 5-star service we are known for while ensuring everyone’s safety.
There will be a careful and phased reopening of international travel to Belize and as such, there will also be enhanced health and safety protocols at the airport, hotels, restaurants and all public spaces. Opening of hotels will be in a phased approach, and the first grouping of hotels that will be allowed to open include properties that:
- Have achieved the Tourism “Gold Standard Certification of Recognition” which ensures hotels are rigorously following the 9 Step recognition program with enhanced protocols with regards to cleaning, sanitising, management of inventory, distancing of staff, regular monitoring and reporting.
- Provide full service to guests. This means that these hotels are able to provide all amenities, so as to contain the guest on the property, and minimise opportunities for guest interaction within the local community. These amenities include having transportation to offer pick-up/drop-off services from the airport; access to a restaurant on property; have a pool or access to beach front; and be able to provide isolated tours, limited to guests of the property only.
What visitors to Belize can expect on arrival:
– Visitors must complete a form on the Belize Health app within 72 hours of boarding their flight; those who arrive with negative results from a PCR test taken within the same time window will be eligible for fast-track entry. Travellers from high-risk countries who do not come with negative test results will be tested on arrival at a cost of about $50. Results are expected within 30 minutes. Should they test positive they will be taken into mandatory quarantine at a designated quarantine hotel, at their expense, where they shall remain until they complete 2 negative test results.
– All arriving passengers will have to walk through thermal scanners at the airport.
– Everyone must wear masks in public places, including the airport.
The official Belize Tourism Board information can be found on this link.
We are gearing up to open our doors and are in the process of achieving our Gold Standard Certification, furthermore our charters are all inclusive, so we are able to provide full services to guests. We are very mindful of the dynamic situation surrounding COVID-19, health and safety concerns and the need to remain flexible for all. Below are our policies, procedures & steps to welcome you back:
1. Health and safety pre departure, on board & post departure
Safety is our first priority, as it always should be. We have made modifications to our already stringent sanitising and cleaning procedures and in line with the Gold Standard Certification guidelines, the guidance of global experts and authorities including the WHO and CDC. We have a detailed document available to you at your request, here is a summary of our procedures:
– Galley provisions will be cleaned and disinfected on the dock before being unpacked on board
– Clean linens will be placed in a storage facility for 3 days before being unpacked and the cabins made up
2. Crew rotation & health checks
– With safety as our first priority for both guests and our crew, we will be rotating crew so they have 14 days leave between charters. This means they have had a minimum of 14 days from having contact with prior charter guests before they are ready to welcome you on board. Furthermore, we will perform temperature checks before they can board their yacht and as soon as rapid testing becomes available we will be sure to implement this procedure.
3. Booking flexibility
We have updated our standard charter contract to offer more flexibility and leniency. In summary:
– There are no rebooking fees if you need to change your charter due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19. Your charter can be rescheduled and completed within 12 months of the original charter start date based on mutually agreed dates.
– If guests wanted to have an extension beyond 12 months of the original start date, you can secure charter funds for up to 24 months for a $1,500 rebook fee (you would need to do this 60 days before the end of the 12 month period)
Please contact us if you would like a copy of our contract in full, we hope this provides assurance to you.
4. Giving something to you – Reunite with friends and family and bring 2 free for all of 2021!
We believe that having something to look forward to, something that brings friends or families back together again is a powerful remedy. We therefore wanted to celebrate this eventual coming together by offering 2 FRIENDS OR FAMILY FREE for all of 2021! Book for 2 or more and invite 2 guests to go for free of charge! This offer is valid up to December 15th 2021.
With a population of just 390,000 people, the second largest reef in the world and over 200 islands to explore, we believe that Belize is a perfect place to be socially distant. Sail to remote islands with only your captain and chef on board with all of your needs taken care, from delicious fresh cuisine, exotic libations, multiple snorkelling experiences and opportunities to paddle board, fish, beach comb and of course, to relax on deck as you sail with the trade winds.
We all look forward to welcoming you to Belize, as soon as it is safe and viable to do so!
From Cliff, Rachael & the entire BSV team.