COVID19 Update: Peace of Mind – Safety & Flexibility
We are ready and waiting to welcome our guests back to Belize, when it is safe and viable to do so. At this time, the Government of Belize is optimistic about opening the international airport on July 1st. Belize has no active cases of COVID-19 at this point, however the opening of the airport will depend on several factors and thus remains fluid, so we continue to remain flexible.
With a population of just 350,000 people, the second largest reef in the world and over 200 islands to explore, we believe that Belize is a perfect place to be socially distant. Sail to remote islands with only your captain and chef on board with all of your needs taken care, from delicious fresh cuisine, exotic libations, multiple snorkelling experiences and opportunities to paddle board, fish, beach comb and of course, to relax on deck as you sail with the trade winds.
We are very mindful of the dynamic situation surrounding COVID-19, health and safety concerns and the need to remain flexible for all. Below are our policies and procedures.
1. Health and safety on board
Safety is our first priority, as it always should be. We have made modifications to our already stringent sanitising and cleaning procedures and in line with the guidance of global experts and authorities including the WHO and CDC, as follows:
– All elements will then be cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected again prior to next boarding
– Galley provisions will be cleaned and disinfected on the dock before being unpacked on board
– Clean linens will be placed in a storage facility for 3 days before being unpacked and the cabins made up
– Each yacht will have disinfectant spray, hand wipes, and sanitizing products readily available
2. Crew rotation, health checks & your private transfer
– With safety as our first priority for both guests and our crew, we will be rotating crew so they have 14 days leave between charters. This means they have had a minimum of 14 days from having contact with prior charter guests before they are ready to welcome you on board. Furthermore, we will perform temperature checks before they can board their yacht and as soon as rapid testing becomes available we will be sure to implement this procedure.
3. Booking flexibility
We have updated our standard charter contract to offer more flexibility and leniency. In summary:
– There are no rebooking fees if you need to change your charter due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19. Your charter can be rescheduled and completed within 12 months of the original charter start date based on mutually agreed dates.
– If guests wanted to have an extension beyond 12 months of the original start date, you can secure charter funds for up to 24 months for a $1,500 rebook fee (you would need to do this 60 days before the end of the 12 month period)
Please contact us if you would like a copy of our contract in full, we hope this provides assurance to you.
4. Giving something to you – Reunite with friends and family and bring 2 free for all of 2021!
We believe that having something to look forward to, something that brings friends or families back together again is a powerful remedy. We therefore wanted to celebrate this eventual coming together by offering 2 FRIENDS OR FAMILY FREE for all of 2021! Book for 2 or more and invite 2 guests to go for free of charge! This offer is valid up to December 15th 2021.
We all look forward to welcoming you to Belize, as soon as it is safe and viable to do so!
From Cliff, Rachael & the entire BSV team.