COVID19 Update: As Belize Opens – Safety & Flexibility
We are happy to report that Belize reopened the international airport on October 1st and all has been going smoothly with the enhanced screening and protocols.
We have achieved the Tourism “Gold Standard Certification of Recognition” which ensures hotels are rigorously following the 9 Step recognition program with enhanced protocols with regards to cleaning, sanitizing, management of inventory, distancing of staff, regular monitoring and reporting.
Here’s what you need to know for traveling to Belize.
Before Your Visit
- Download the Belize Health App and complete the required information prior to boarding the flight to Belize. A QR code with a unique ID number will be returned to you and will be used for contact tracing while in Belize.
- We encourage you to take a Covid-19 PCR test within 72 hours of travel to Belize, as a negative result will allow for a ‘fast track’ arrival process.
On Arrival in Belize:
- You will disembark the plane – wearing a face mask – and proceed to health screening.
- If you brought along your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will proceed to the ‘fast track’ lane for Immigration & Customs processing. Depending on your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
- If you were unable to bring the results of a PCR test, you must proceed to the testing area where you’ll be required to take a COVID rapid test. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00.
- Proceed to Immigration and Customs, and then exit the airport via the Safe Corridor using our approved ground transportation. You will receive your test results at your Gold Standard hotel via the Ministry of Health.
- A positive test result will require you to quarantine at your hotel until the Ministry of Health provides clearance.
During your Stay in Belize:
- While in-country face masks are mandatory in all public spaces, and you’re advised to practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene, to protect yourself and others you come in contact with.
- Guests can visit other Gold Standard certified resorts and restaurants for dining off the boat, should they wish, otherwise, they can enjoy the all-inclusive facilities onboard their catamaran for sailing, eating, drinking and socializing. We of course offer full-service amenities with restaurant and ship’s bar, plus your captain is also your tour guide to take you on multiple snorkel excursions, visiting uninhabited islands, kayaking, paddleboarding, fishing and more. Rendezvous diving can be arranged by your crew with Gold Standard Tour Operators.
- We want you to see and do as much of the local activities in our beautiful country, during your visit. Guests will only be allowed to explore with pre-arranged guided tours with an approved Gold Standard Tour Operator. Please let us know what you’re interested in doing and seeing while in-country and we can arrange this for you.
We have achieved our Gold Standard Certificate of Recognition and have implemented enhanced sanitary protocols and training so our crew continues delivering the 5-star service we are known for, while ensuring everyone’s safety.
We are very mindful of the dynamic situation surrounding COVID-19, health and safety concerns and the need to remain flexible for all. Below are our policies, procedures & steps to welcome you back:
1. Health and safety pre departure, on board & post departure
Safety is our first priority, as it always should be. We have made modifications to our already stringent sanitising and cleaning procedures and in line with the Gold Standard Certification guidelines, the guidance of global experts and authorities including the WHO and CDC. We have a detailed document available to you at your request, here is a summary of our procedures:
– Galley provisions will be cleaned and disinfected on the dock before being unpacked on board
– Clean linens will be placed in a storage facility for 3 days before being unpacked and the cabins made up
2. Booking flexibility
We have updated our standard charter contract to offer more flexibility and leniency. In summary:
– There are no rebooking fees if you need to change your charter due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19. Your charter can be rescheduled and completed within 12 months of the original charter start date based on mutually agreed dates.
– If guests wanted to have an extension beyond 12 months of the original start date, you can secure charter funds for up to 24 months for a $1,500 rebook fee (you would need to do this 60 days before the end of the 12 month period)
Please contact us if you would like a copy of our contract in full, we hope this provides assurance to you.
3. Giving something to you – Reunite with friends and family and bring 2 free for all of 2021!
We believe that having something to look forward to, something that brings friends or families back together again is a powerful remedy. We therefore wanted to celebrate this eventual coming together by offering 2 FRIENDS OR FAMILY FREE for all of 2021! Book for 2 or more and invite 2 guests to go for free of charge! This offer is valid up to December 15th 2021.
With a population of just 390,000 people, the second largest reef in the world and over 200 islands to explore, we believe that Belize is a perfect place to be socially distant. Sail to remote islands with only your captain and chef on board with all of your needs taken care, from delicious fresh cuisine, exotic libations, multiple snorkelling experiences and opportunities to paddle board, fish, beach comb and of course, to relax on deck as you sail with the trade winds.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Belize!
From Cliff, Rachael & the entire BSV team.